Candidate will be required to:
• Use a variety of woods and laminates to construct and repair wooden cabinets, furniture, fixtures and related products
• Operate woodworking machines, such as power saws, jointers, mortisers and shapers, and use hand tools to cut, shape and form parts and components
• Study plans, specifications or drawings of articles to be made, or prepare specifications
• Mark outlines or dimensions of parts on wood
• Trim joints and fit parts and subassemblies together to form complete unit using glue and clamps and reinforce joints using nails, screws or other fasteners
• Sand wooden surfaces and apply veneer, stain or polish to finished products
• Repair or restyle wooden furniture, fixtures and related products
• Estimate amount, type and cost of materials required.
• Completion of secondary school is required.
• More than 2 years of experience in the related trade. Or Completion of a four-year apprenticeship program can be considered.
• Trade certification for carpenters will be an asset, but not necessary.
Benifits: 4% Vacation pay of the gross salary will be paid.