- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods.
- Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies.
- Inspect kitchens and food service areas.
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food.
- Supervise kitchen staff and helpers.
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment.
- Clean kitchen and work areas.
- Manage kitchen operations
Experience: Completion of 1-2 years of non-university certificate or diploma or other program in cooking or culinary arts or 1-2 years of commercial cooking experience is required.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Repetitive tasks, Standing for extended periods
Personal Suitability: Dependability, Initiative, Team player, Judgement, Flexibility, Reliability, Organized