Weight Handling: Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
Work Setting: Residential
Own Tools/Equipment: Steel-toed safety boots; Hard hat; Safety glasses/goggles; Mask
Work Site Environment: At heights; Noisy; Dusty; Hot
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Hand-eye co-ordination; Standing for extended periods; Walking; Bending, crouching, kneeling; Tight deadlines; Overtime required
Work Location Information: Rural area; Urban area; Various locations; Relocation costs covered by employer
Personal Suitability: Flexibility; Team player; Client focus; Dependability; Judgement; Reliability
Drywall Installer and Finisher Job Duties:
- Measure, cut, fit and install drywall sheets.
- Fill joints, nail indentations, holes and cracks with joint compound using trowel and broad knife.
- Tape over joints using taping machine and embed tape in compound.
- Smooth out excess compound and allow coat to dry.
- Apply successive coats of compound and sand seams and joints.
- Position and secure sheets to metal or wooden studs or joists.
Other Information: Candidate must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Employment Conditions: Overtime, Early morning, Morning, Day, Weekend, Flexible hours