Are you ready to make a difference in your life and in the world? Would you like to join a team of passionate people who are already doing that? At KRYTON International, we are helping the world change by building concrete structures that are not only waterproof, but more durable, efficient and sustainable than ever before. KRYTON is the inventor of the world’s first crystalline waterproofing admixture for concrete and we have permanently changed the way concrete structures are built in every corner of the globe. It’s the extraordinary people on our team that have made all the difference and we have proven it by winning the 10 Best Companies to Work For in BC Award 4 years in a row. Maybe you could join our continuing success story.
As a member of the KRYTON Team, WE OFFER:
- Profit Sharing
- Attractive Salary
- 100% MSP Coverage
- Extended Medical and Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Group Travel Incentive
- Company Sponsored Events
- Teambuilding Activities
- Fitness Gym
- Plus more…
A Full Time, Permanent position, based in Vancouver, British Columbia, The Maintenance Technician will be reponsible for keeping the plant equipment in working condition and ensuring that the building (plant, warehouse and office) is maintained to acceptable standards. The Maintenance Technician will also liaise with outside services providers and take on misscellanious tasks under the direction of the Director of Operations.
The main responsibilities of this job, among other duties are:
- Troubleshoot equipment problems and maintain spare parts inventories.
- Repair malfunctioning equipment directly or arrange for service technicians to repair it
- Collaborate with and oversee work performed by outside contractors and vendors.
- Maintain a list of qualified suppliers of parts, equipment and maintenance and repair services.
- Make recommendations for capital equipment purchases and replacements.
- Maintain a preventative maintenance program for all equipment and facility structure.
- Carry out proactive repairs and upgrades of facilities.
- Arrange disposal of surplus equipment, furniture and obsolete products.
- Provide necessary support to production when needed.
- Learn, understand and takes proper precautions for the hazards of chemicals, machinery, and equipment being used.
- Maintain records in a facility environment.
- Watch for hazards and reports them as necessary.
- Follow all LOTO and confined entry procedures.
- Experience: At least 5 years’ related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Education: High School Graduate, Maintenance Technician Certificate or C.E.T is an asset. Other related disciplines will be considered
- Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The company is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
- Certified or experienced in fall restraint procedures.
- Broad variety of maintenance experience. Professional accreditation is an asset
- Familiarity with Automated processes, PLC and controls
- Ability to weld, fabricate and repair components and troubleshoot and repair a wide variety of equipment
- Exposure to the following areas are an asset: industrial electrical systems, pneumatics, hydraulics, plumbing motor controls and general building maintenance
- Familiar with WorkSafe rules and industrial maintenance standards
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Able to prioritize the importance of repairs and excellent time management skills
- Good mechanical and electrical experience
- Basic math skills and the ability to use MS office tools
- Good oral and written communication skills, ability to work with outside vendors.
- Experience with a variety of tools and equipment.
- Familiar with building codes and industrial maintenance standards.
- Ability to lift moderate weight and handle physical demands of the job including the ability to lift 50 lbs., bending, pushing, and standing for long periods.
- Competencies: Teamwork, Initiative, Fostering Communication, Adaptability, Achievement Orientation, Creativity and Innovation, Commitment to Health and Safety, Analytical Thinking
If you are driven to succeed, please email your cover letter and resume in WORD or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org, citing “Maintenance Technician” role in your subject line.
We thank all applicants, however, only those to be selected for an interview will be contacted.