Supported Living Program (White Rock)
The Supported Living Program is seeking positive male and female role models. The program is a life-skills based, independent living, outreach program comprised of a number of supported housing programs for adults/young adults with mental health issues. This outreach position will provide support services to individuals residing in the community. Services will be varied, require community integration skills, residential tenancy knowledge, strong organizational skills and flexible hours.
Education, Training, and Experience
- An undergraduate degree in a related field. Consideration may be given to other related education and experience.
- Proven outreach experience working with target population.
- Current First Aid certificate
Job Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Direct working experience with target population
- Knowledgeable in the principles of PSR - Psychosocial Rehabilitation
- Proven ability to work independently in the community
- Good team player
- Must have: access to a reliable vehicle, a valid driver’s license (no restrictions), and a clean driving record
- Non violent crisis intervention training an asset
- FoodSafe Certificate an asset
- Crisis Line experience an asset
Please include a cover letter clearly indicating the posting number [#A21091] and outlining your qualifications and related experience for the position.
NOTE: Applicants not selected for an interview will not necessarily be notified.
Options Community Services Society is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
* An eligibility list will be maintained for up to 6 months. [Eligible applicants may be offered a casual position]