Since 2012, Whalley WorkBC Employment Services Centre has been dedicated to help job seekers find employment.
We offer a wide range of services to help people achieve their employment goals.
Our services are cost-free and tailored to Whalley residents who are unemployed and legally entitled to work in Canada.
There are two ways to get started.
You can drop by today and see an employment counsellor directly – OR, you can request for service online, by accessing Self-Serve Services
STAFFED RESOURCE AREA
Fully staffed self-serve resource centre for independent job search activities, providing computers and internet access, printers, telephones, fax machines, photocopier and scanning services. As well as a variety of job search resources and access to community service resource information.
JOB SEARCH & WORKSHOPS
- Career assessments to help you succeed in finding suitable work
- Job search workshops
- Case Management services are provided when it is determined that an individual requires more intensive services and supports to meet their employment objectives. It involves working collaboratively with a Case Manager to assess and identify your employment readiness, your specific employment related needs and developing an individualized action plan to support your efforts to achieve labour market attachment. Your Case Manager will assess your eligibility for services, provide one to one employment counseling, job search support and career decision making guidance and continue to support and monitor your progress through regular follow up until you successfully obtain employment or community attachment.
CONNECTIONS TO GET HIRED
- Connecting our clients to valuable community and employer contacts
SELF EMPLOYMENT SERVICES
- Referrals for Business Plan Development and Management Support based on eligibility
FINANCIAL SUPPORTS *
- Short term certifications
- Long term Occupational Skills Development training
- Project Based Labour Market Training
- Apprenticeship programs
- Wage subsidy support
- Job start supports
- Support for single parents on income assistance
- Customized services available for persons with disabilities
- One-on-one Job Support
- Specialized services available for Aboriginals, Francophone, New Immigrants, Survivors of Violence, Youth and Mature workers.
* Services are based on individual qualifications.
Call or visit us to see which services you are eligible for.